We are currently seeking a Part II architecture graduate (would also consider architect/experienced Part I). The position is Full time, however part time and flexible working patterns will be considered.
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of an ambitious, design-led practice in its formative stages. Studio idir works on high quality, context-sensitive, client-focused, one-off projects that are mainly residential, but with some commercial work and consultancy too.
A rapidly increasing workload of great clients and exciting projects means it is time for the practice to grow.
You will be working closely alongside Director, Aisling Rusk, to deliver projects from concept design through all the RIBA work stages.
The practice is currently based in a dedicated office within Aisling’s home in the heart of Ballyhackamore, but will be moving to more permanent accommodation within the next 2 years.
What Studio idir can offer:
The opportunity to be involved in a range of projects which will build your experience and portfolio.
Flexible working hours – may appeal to those returning to practice after a break, juggling care/family responsibilities, or keen to set aside some time to pursue other interests.
A supportive environment to allow you to develop and gain experience in the areas you’re most passionate about.
There will be scope for promotion and increased responsibility in future as the practice grows.
You are a self-motivated, hard-working individual with a strong work ethic who is passionate about good design, quality construction and delivering a top quality service.
You will enjoy managing your own workload, prioritising and using your initiative to assist in the delivery of excellent architecture.
You will be an effective communicator who will manage a range of professional relationships.
As soon as possible.
Job requirements include:
- At least 1 year (more would be an advantage) of experience working in a practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and confidence in liaising clearly and respectfully with clients, contractors and other professionals
- Strong design skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite & SketchUp
- 3D visualisation skills (either by hand or digitally)
- Access to a car for site visits/attending meetings
- Experience working on high-end residential projects
- Working knowledge of ArchiCAD, along with experience of using BIM
- Ability to draw clear construction details
- Model-building skills
- Experience, even in a minor way, with tender packages, building control applications, specifying, contract administration
Commensurate with skill level and experience.
How to Apply:
Please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter introducing yourself and your relevant experience, and a concise illustrated portfolio (no more than 5 A3 pages) all in PDF format, maximum total size of attachments 8MB.
Alternatively, send a hard copy to:
7 Kincora Avenue,
Belfast, BT4 3DW.
All applications received will be responded to.
Candidates who demonstrate that they meet the job requirements will be invited to interview with a portfolio.
[Because this practice is currently based within a home which may occasionally have young children in it, the successful candidate will be asked to consent to a DBS check].