Part 1/2 Architectural Assistant
Studio idir is looking for a Part 1/2 architectural assistant to join its studio in Belfast. This is a one year post, full time (but we are also happy to facilitate flexible working around other commitments), with the possibility of extension.
Studio idir is a creative architecture practice working on a range of residential, commercial, hospitality and place planning/engagement work.
We promote a flexible and motivated atmosphere in the office, encouraging a healthy work/life balance, a culture of kindness, and providing support to progress your development and gain a breadth of experience across different projects and stages.
We are looking for an ambitious, driven architectural assistant to join our expanding studio at an exciting time when it has been shortlisted for a number of awards, including the RSUA Design Awards 2023.
This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of our talented team, working on high quality design projects that make a difference to both individuals and communities. This post is office-based, with plenty of site and client-facing experience, working on a range of projects and work stages.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- exceptional creativity
- capable of producing high quality architectural visuals
- proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite (ArchiCAD/BIM also an advantage)
- understanding of construction methods through technical detailing
- well organised, enthusiastic, and passionate about their work
- able to work both independently and as part of a team
- strong communication skills
- evidence of time spent in an architecture practice or similar
- bachelors degree in Architecture/Interior Architecture with a 1st or 2.1
- full driving licence and access to a car
- previous professional experience in an architecture practice in the UK or Ireland
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on 8 May 2023 and include the following:
- cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the position
- sample portfolio of no more than 10 pages, and 8MB (larger than this will be discounted)
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work permanently in the UK and have fluent written and spoken English.
Remuneration is dependent upon experience. Studio idir is a Real Living Wage and equal opportunities employer.
By submitting your application to us, you are providing Studio idir with your full consent to process, manage and retain your personal information for the purpose of considering you for potential employment.